|Title:||Oil Can; Cities Service, Bonneauville, PA.|
This Cities Service oil can belonged to Ambrose Myers of Bonneauville. Coincidentally, a Cities Service gas station operated in Bonneauville in the 1950's and 60's. Richard Golden was the first Proprietor, Eugene Craig followed. Thirdly, was William "Bill" Jones. During Mr. Jones' ownership in 1965, that Cities Service became CITGO Oil Company. Eventually the building sat abandoned for a while. High's convenience stores would become the first of a long list of convenience stores to occupy the premises.
In the 1959 - Bonneauville Fire Co. 37th Annual Convention Yearbook, Eugene Craig is advertised as proprieter of the station. (See Acq. No. 2013-87.) Mr. Richard Golden, the first to occupy the new building, operated a combination gas station, minor automobile repair shop and guns and ammunition shop.
|Acquired from:||Ambrose Myers|