Framed black and white photograph of Saint Joseph's School in Bonneauville, PA. This building on East Hanover Street fronts the more modern St. Joseph's School (now Deacon Weaver Parish Center). Built about 1959, the early school building has long been referred to by Bonneauvillians as "The Old School." The old school alternated as a public and parochial school as time, economic conditions, Catholic population and other factors dictated. In 1939 the facility was changed from a Public to a Catholic School. In preparation for making the switch the large open area at the rear of the building was enclosed with brick. Four downstairs classrooms were changed to an auditorium. The newly bricked area housed the stage. The horizontal lines at the rear of the building that appear to be siding on a nearby building are steel fire escape steps from the second floor. There appears to be a pool table (perhaps a grand style piano) under the overhang. This photograph was taken about 1938.
8" x 10" photograph.