Signed; "Julia Seymore, present from Mother Regina Isabelle."
Book covers were manditory on all textbooks at St. Joseph's Parochial School in Bonneauville, PA. A book cover protected a good school book from the absent-minded doodlings of the young students. One acceptable type of cover was the pre-printed standard issue one loaded with local advertising. In the 1950's through 1970's Leinhardt Bros. always dominated the spine of such covers in bold blue letters. Fine print on the inner cover read; "
only company authorized to furnish book covers to parochial schools in the Diocese of Harrisburg." There were never enough of the glossy pre-printed covers for all of the books. The balance were invariably made at home, from brown craft paper grocery bags. They had to be in place after the first few days of school. The covers could be personalized per the students wishes within Catholic School guidelines.