|Title:||Patent; Blacksmith's Forge, M. W. C. Bupp, Sept. 14, 1880.|
Late in the 19th Century, Mathias Bupp was the proprietor of a carriage manufactrig shop in Bonneauville, PA. His shop was located at 21 Maple Street, the current home of Ken Sanders Repair Shop (2014). In 1880, Mr. Bupp received Patent No. 232174 for an improved blacksmith forge. Mr. Bupp's intent was to save forge fuel (coal and charcoal). His device incorporated a "movable head for reducing or increasing the space in which a fire is to be built." It is not known whether any of Mr. Bupps forges were ever commercially produced.
18" x 22" framed patent certificate.
|Acquired from:||Matthew Smith|