|Title:||Uniform; Bonneauville Baseball.|
Baseball was a passionate pastime for young Bonneauville men through the middle of the 20th Century. The town's primary baseball diamond was located precisely where the Deacon Weaver Hall (previously St. Joseph's School, 1959) now stands. The front doors of the building are situated where home base was located on the ball diamond. The main hallway through the center of the building follows the route from the pitcher's mound to home plate. Thus the building does not set parallel to Hanover Street or at any other logical angle, which would be the norm.
After 1958 baseball was played at the Catholic War Veterans field two blocks to the east. This uniform and related materials were placed in a case and framed with baseball bats. The Bonneauville uniform is estimated to be from the 1920's or earlier.
Included in the collection are early newspaper articles related to Bonneauville baseball players.
|Acquired from:||PA On Site Auction, Bonneauville fire Hall|